About Safe Ship ™
About Safe Ship™
The promotional products industry relies on UPS and FedEx to deliver our products to end users across the United States and Canada. Unfortunately, both carriers are faced with surging demand and a tight labor market, meaning their networks are overloaded and lost packages are up 10,000% compared to last year. Due to these conditions, UPS and FedEx have declared emergency conditions and entirely suspended their delivery guarantees.
So, a lot of packages are being lost. It’s not your fault, it’s not your customer’s fault, it’s not Pop! Promos fault… it’s the carrier’s fault but unfortunately they aren’t going to do anything about it. Your customer still wants the goods they ordered and they don’t want to pay a cent more because its “not their fault.” We know! But it's not our fault or your fault either! This puts us all in a terrible situation.
So what are we going to do about it?!
To counteract this challenging set of circumstances, Pop! Promos is proud to introduce its new Safe Ship™ program.
For only $10/box, you can Safe Ship™ with Pop! Promos.
In the event UPS/FedEx loses or damages your product in transit, we will remake the missing portion of your order, free of charge.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form below and a Pop! Rep will contact you about how you can add Safe Ship™ to your project.
- How much does Safe Ship™ cost?
- $10/ box
- How do I know how many boxes I need to pay for?
- Our website product pages have our pack-outs clearly listed – check there! Or, as always, you can simply ask your Pop Rep!
- What happens when I choose to Safe Ship™ and a package is lost or damaged in transit?
- Notify your Pop Rep, describe the situation, and if the goods remain lost after 5 days, Pop! Promos will remake the lost or damaged pieces free of charge.
- Are there any limitations?
- You must opt into this service at time of order placement.
- The carrier selected for the shipment must be UPS or FedEx.
- If a client refuses delivery of goods or UPS/ FedEx scans show that delivery was made, Pop! Promos will not be liable. This is exclusively for goods lost or damaged in transit prior to delivery.
- What if my goods were missing, my order was a Safe Ship™ order and after the 5 days, the goods are found by the carrier?
- If order or portion of order is found and delivered before production of the remake is complete, Pop! Promos will stop production of the replacement goods and deliver the found goods.
- What if I decide not to Safe Ship™?
- If you elect not to participate in our Safe Ship™ program, Pop! Promos will not be liable for loss, delay, or damage inflicted upon your products by UPS or FedEx.
- This sounds like insurance, is it?
- No, this service is NOT insurance.
- Shouldn’t Pop! Promos be offering this service to its customers for free?
- Pop! Promos sells all of its products on FOB terms meaning that custody (and financial responsibility) for an order passes from Pop! Promos to our customer when UPS or FedEx loads the box onto their truck. UPS and FEDEX have both suspended their delivery guarantees due to overwhelming volume and Pop! Promos is not in a position to guarantee the performance of the shipping carriers.
- Doesn’t UPS insure its packages?
- UPS does NOT offer Insurance on their packages. They offer a “Declared Value” protection and specifically disclaim that this is not insurance. (https://www.ups.com/us/en/shipping/services/value-added/declared-value.page)
- Can I file my own claims with UPS/ FedEx for my lost goods?
- When a package is shipped via UPS/FedEx and lost, the company who originally shipped the package (not the account owner), must file the claim of loss with UPS. This further complicates the claims process as Pop! Promos is being asked to file claims for lost packages that were not shipped on our UPS account and to continually follow up with clients about the status of their “Declared Value” protection claim.